Sunday, July 4, 2010

Acknowledge and executive summary of internship report

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

Any accomplishment requires the effort of many people and there are no exceptions. The report being submitted today is a result of collective effort. Although the report has been solely prepared by me with the purpose of fulfilling the requirements of the course of BCIS (Bachelor of Computer Information System), there are innumerous helping hands behind it who have guided me on my way.

First I thank our BCIS program developers for creating such an opportunity for the students to broaden their frame of skills. I am gratified with their efforts.

My sincere gratitude also goes to my guide Mr. Sanjay Lama as well as my subject teachers and coordinator Mr. Dipesh Shrestha who have helped me to perform internship and be familiar to the practical aspect and uses of theoretical knowledge and clarifying the career goals.

I would like to thank Ms. Prabha Shrestha of DP Sign who has provided me the greatest opportunity to perform internship. I am also grateful to all member of DP Sign for providing several documents, papers, data, figures and services as well as sharing their experience with me and teaching me different techniques to program the website and technique to earn online.

Finally, if I have mistakenly omitted to giving credits, I want to accept the humble apology and I want them to know that without their support there will have differences in this task.

Thanking you all
Sincerely Yours
Rupak Nepali

Table of Contents
SN Contents Page No
a. Title Page i
b. Declaration ii
c. Recommendation iii
d Acknowledgement iv
e. Table of Contents v
f. List of Figures vii
g. Executive Summary viii
h. Chapters
1. Introduction
1.1. Background of the Study
1.2. Objectives of the Study
1.3. Limitations of the Study
1.4. Research Methodology
2. Report Body
2.1. Introduction of the D.P Sign
2.2. Corporate Goal of the D.P Sign
2.3. Mission Statement of the D.P Sign
2.4. D.P Sign’s Spirit is infused into every components
2.5. Services
2.5.1. Web Development
2.5.2. Web Based Application Design and Development
2.5.3. Custom Software Solutions
2.5.4. Embedded Software Solutions
2.5.5. Online Earning Training
2.6. Engagement Models
2.6.1. Fixed Price Turnkey Model
2.6.2. Per Resource Model
2.6.3. Offshore Model
2.7. Delivery Model
2.8. Process and Standards
2.9. Domain Profile
2.10. Competitive Advantage of DP Sign
2.11. Physical Infrastructure
2.12. Organizational Hierarchy Chart
2.13. Number of employee
2.14. Introduction of Departments I have worked
2.15. Major Clients
2.16. Business Volume
2.17. Products Offered by DP Sign
3. Analysis
3.1. Strategic Business Units
3.1.1 Web Development Department Analysis
3.1.2 Online Earning Department Analysis
3.1.3 PEST Analysis
3.1.4 SWOT Analysis
3.1.5 Five S’s of Work Place Organization
3.2. What I did well during the internship?
3.3. What I would improve or do differently if I had an opportunity?
4 Recommendation
5 Summary and Conclusion 1

i. Bibliography



List of Figures

SN Name of Figure Page No.
Fig-2.1 : Organization Structure 13
Fig:2.2 Business volume of DP Sign 19
Fig:2.3 Time frame representation in Gantt chart 22

List of Tables

SN Name of Table Page No.
Tab:2.1 System unit and its Software 11
Tab:2.2 List of technology with platform 12
Tab:2.3 Number of employees 14
Tab:2.4 Collection of Pay Per Click sites 18
Tab:2.5 List of major clients 19
Tab:2.6 Printing product of DP Sign 20
Tab:2.7 Web services providing by DP Sign 21




ABBREVIATION USED

DP Sign Digital Printed Sign
CRM Cus¬¬¬tomer Relation Management
IT Information Technology
QA Quality Assurance
CMS Content Management System
SWOT Strength, Weakness, Opportunity and Threats
PEST Political, Economical, Social and Technological
RFQ Request For Quotation
RFP Request For Proposal
GIS Geographic Information System
PMBOK Project Management Body of Knowledge
PMI Project Management Institute
CMMI Capability Maturity Model Integration
ISO International Organization for Standardization
ODC Offshore Development Center
IP Internet Protocol
CVS Current Version Software
TFS Team Foundation Server


EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

Internship was my first step in practical life, through which I learnt a lot and it has aided me in being well equipped with valuable experience that would help me once I enter the professional life almost after the completion of my studies (In the third last semester of BCIS) from 15th of the November 2009 to 10th of the January 2010.

I worked in DP Sign as an internee. My association with this company was being a part of the Web Development Department and Online Earning Department. It was a great experience for me and it helped me in realizing where my potential lies.

What I learnt at DP Sign over the weeks was how to get along with the people that I have to work with everyday, building CRM (Customer Relationship Management), building confidence and improving my communication skills. This internship has also prepared me for my future career in Web programming and development so this internship has helped me a great deal. The experience has taught me responsibility, teamwork and how to handle people in tough social situations.

Even though the nature of work was quite basic as an internee but I learnt a lot for my upcoming professional life and find the internship in the best benefit of myself. I got training in the IT department and develop a web programmer for the first time in my life so that was the maiden attempt towards my future in IT.

Overall I found my internship program very satisfactory and helpful. I gained a practical knowledge on how web designing and programming is done and how online earning site helps to earn money.

No comments:

Post a Comment